Free Firmware Version 3.02 Update Now Available for Panasonic AG-CX350
Launched over a year ago, the handheld 4K 10-bit Panasonic AG-CX350 is one of the most versatile camcorders available in its price range. Features like 1 inch CMOS sensor, 10-bit codecs like H.265, 5-axis hybrid image stabilizer, NDI HX capable (additional license is required), record internally using non-proprietary SDXC cards, all have made this camera stands out in a crowded market.
Not content with resting on their laurels, Panasonic has now introduced firmware version 3.02 update for this camera. The Japanese dictionary has a word for this approach, which is called “Kaizen”, which means never-ending improvements. It seems Panasonic has embedded this philosophy in their DNA and we reap the benefits in version 3.02.
Here are some of the new features that are available with this update:
- P2 HD AVC-Intra 50/100/200: P2 HD codecs use the MXF (Material eXchange Format) wrapper, which is supported by all the major NLE programs. These codecs enable seamless integration into established news systems and workflows that are used by all major broadcasters.
- V-Log mode: Shooting in V-Log mode enables the camera to capture greater dynamic range (13+ stops) and gives the editor more flexibility in post-production. This feature makes the editor’s job easier to colour match other cameras in the Panasonic lineup, like the EVA1, VariCam Family, and the SH1.
- Four channels of audio can be used when outputting HDMI 4K format.
- More functions can now be assigned to the User Button: ADAPTIVE MATRIX: On/OFF; AUDIO CH1 /2 LEVEL: Auto/Manual; AUDIO OUT: Audio channels; O.I.S MODE: Normal / PAN/TILT / STABLE
Download firmware version 3.02 here and follow the instructions carefully:
To prepare for the process, please make sure you have the following items on hand:
- AC power supply for the camera,
- SDXC card that is pre-formatted in the camera
- computer with SDXC slot or a card reader
This process should take no more than 10 minutes. Enjoy the new firmware!